Jeffers header

No announcement yet.

I took Facebook and Messenger off of my phone.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took Facebook and Messenger off of my phone.

I know it's not horse related. I removed all social media from my cell phone. Hubby was having problems with Facebook so I told him I would get rid of it if he did. Apparently he was not the only one with an addiction. I find myself picking up my phone often, looking for an app that isn't there. LOL

I guess you will see me lurking on here more often, and I will be enjoying my horses and gym workouts without a distraction.

I gave up FB years ago. Much happier now. It is nothing but an ego feed.
    Does working cattle count as playing with your food?

My husband gave up facebook a few years ago, but still uses twitter. I keep facebook because it's a way to stay in touch with family on the other side of the country.

I have a business page on Facebook as itís my biggest source of advertisement so Iím forced to keep my page. I do post on my personal page occasionally to keep up with my northern family but other than that, I donít have twitter, snap chat and I am hardly ever on instagram, mostly to see what my daughter posts.
        Geniune Bar Keeper aka Cash Man
        Skips Stormy Twist aka Peanut

Hey rfranch, you're always welcome here!

Thank you TimTrott

Social media is an interesting topic. It is horse related, as my facebook page is over-run with horse ads, lol. I don't often post on facebook because I only share my private life with a select few. I do belong to horse groups, I especially like the horse vet corner, as people write in their horse health problems and veterinarians give answers. I find that very informative and educates me further on the care of injuries and illnesses, etc. I use it to stay in touch with long distance friends and family, I especially enjoy facebook messenger for this. But I'm careful what I write there also. Once something is on the internet, who knows where it may go??? I believe social media has it's place, but we have to be cautious.